Come join Kiki’s for Destination Education!
Learn directly from Baby Lock Destiny and IQ Designer expert Diane Aholt, who created all-new curriculum exclusively for this unforgettable, 4-day Baby Lock Destiny retreat.
Diane will take students on an in-depth, educational journey with exercises on sewing, machine embroidery and IQ Designer. This is your opportunity to really know your machine and connect with other owners for a learning experience beyond anything offered by any other retailer in the country.
All individual Destiny machines, machine accessories, hoops, threads, supplies, specialty feet and specialty hoops for creating samples will be provided. All participants will receive a large binder with complete detailed instructions and pages for exercise samples stitched at the retreat.
Diane retired from serving as Education Manager from Baby Lock’s corporate office and has partnered with Kiki’s to offer this exclusive training. Diane has years of experience with the Destiny, and will share her vast knowledge during this comprehensive event. Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to learn content she customized and created especially for Destination Education — an unforgettable, 4-day Baby Lock Destiny retreat.
Enjoy Kiki’s famous hospitality with lunch and snacks throughout the day. Destination Education is presented in our state-of-the-art classroom with individual work stations featuring the Destiny, three large video monitors, custom sound and lighting systems, and super comfy Koala chairs.
Experienced assistants and small class size contribute to a seamless learning environment. Retreat attendees receive special discounts while shopping in our beautiful 16,000 square foot store with 3,500 plus bolts of quilting fabric.
Along with basic operation, specialty topics to be covered include but are not limited to:
- Pattern Connect
- Bobbin Work
- Continuous Border Frame with Border Function
- Hat Embroidery with a Specialty Frame
- Positioning Techniques with Positioning Stickers, Sensor Pen and Camera
- Embroidered Decorative Stitches, Buttonholes with Embellishment and Lettering
- Scanning for Success
- Line and Region Properties
- Layered Outline Stitches and Layered Fills
- Creating Lace and Appliqué
- Multi-colored Candle Wicking
- Background Quilting with Fills
- Customizing Machine and Stitch Settings
- Guide Beam Functions with the Sensor Pen
- Appliqué and Perfect 1/4″ Seams for Quilting
- Twin Needle Work
- Standard and Invisible Zipper Insertion
- Button and Buttonhole Sewing, including standard, corded and bound buttonholes
- Piping Creation and Insertion
- Free-Motion Quilting
- Twin Needle Work and Bridging
Diane managed a Baby Lock retail store for 7 years. She then took her passion for sewing and embroidery to the corporate level, spending more than 10 years as Education Manager for Baby Lock. Officially retired, Diane continues teaching classes and has special place in her heart for the Baby Lock Destiny. She introduced the machine to Baby Lock retailers when it first came out, and has developed IQ Designer classes annually for retailers and consumers ever since. Diane is a self-avowed IQ Designer fanatic who looks forward to sharing some of her knowledge with you.
Terms and Conditions:
Air transportation, ground transportation and lodging during the event is the responsibility of the attendee. No refunds are available for this event.